Monday 24 August 2009

ashes to ashes.....

I need to write today... I have been meaning to write this post all weekend in one form or another. I did nothing yet I feel exhausted; once again this morning I woke up and my mountain balcony view was an apocalyptic scene of bellowing smoke hiding the sun. Fire everywhere burning down tomorrow. These are not just trees, these are tomorrows trees, but alas.

Sunday morning, we got up at 6:30 am and the flames visible from the living room window revealed just how close hell was, about 15min by car to be exact. And yet we never learn, we will forget this tragedy like we forgot others before it, we will get used to driving through bare mountains were once stood 100-year old pine forests. And we will get used to more people building their dream houses on burnt down hopes. So we probably deserve this, we must deserve it because it has been going on for so long, it is obviously ok by us, by all of us. and that is what makes me so sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

There is not much to say that is not covered in my posts... this blog was created because, well because writing has been a passion of mine and communicating is high up there on the list too...